At Worcbox, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we are building. The driver behind all our passion, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game-changing technology we bring to market, is the people that are now building our products and serving our clients. Delivering a first class technology service requires tremendous hustle, tons of problem solving and a critical eye for quality. We are looking for people that have the same traits.
This is an intense technical side role & this person will work closely with our engineers at Worcbox along with our subcontractors. This role will have direct responsibility for the quality of the products we roll-out at Worcbox.
We are looking for Senior Ruby On Rails developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed to serve various mobile clients ( iOS & Android ). Your primary focus will be development of the Backend API’s and Core Processing for the Apps and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
What You’ll Do :
- Build advanced back-end applications using Rails framework.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, andship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s.
- Integrate advanced features with Google Maps, PaymentGateways and Facebook Graph API.
- Work with the technical team on stabilising various versions onvarious branches for various platforms.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability,and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving our products performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement newtechnologies to maximise development efficiency.
- Integrate with various complex chat, customer support, CRMand accounting API’s.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation
What You Need To Know/Have :
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Proficient with Ruby Development
- Experience with writing API’s, handling controllers andoptimizing performance.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs .
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Practical experience with software quality control processes.
- Proven working experience in Ruby on Rails Framework,including at least five projects that were built and deployed.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools ( Git, BitBucket .. etc )
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other commonlibraries such as RSpec, Sidekiq and Resque
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape,architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors ,such asSass, based on project requirements.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful.
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle.
- Experience at a high-growth technology company or a startupis a serious plus.
- Experience in Web Application Testing Domain.
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development is a must.
- Knowledge of Jira is a plus.
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my a** because I love it”approach
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Advanced paid training in building, maintaining and operating accounting systems.
- Health Insurance for you, and a discounted rate for your family ( After the 3 months test period ).
- Paid phone bills and house internet bills.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Access to all kinds of paid courses and trainings as per thecompany’s need.
|Job Category||Product Development|
|Reports To :||CEO|
|Official Working Hours :||9:00AM - 6:00PM|
|Salary Range :||10,000 - 16,000 EGP|